Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Frocktober Pledg-a-ma-jig

So I thought it’d be worth doing a kind of ‘Pledge’ re: Frocktober, so all the boys and girls out there who may consider sponsoring me (At this point it includes…my Mum, My Grandmother, the Boy and some friends who may or may not be too scared not to…*smiles sweetly*) have an idea of what I’ll actually be doing. And if I don’t do it, then they can offer up scoldings and verbal abuse. Welcome to my life. (/sarcasm)

During Frocktober I will…

  • Wear a dress every day. Including to work (bring on the business fashion! Woop!, Woop!) and in all sorts of weather (thank-god it’s spring..), for the whole of the month of October.
  • Wear dresses I already own, or, in the case where I think I need more/I’m running out of options, wear only home-made or op shop finds.
  • Any dresses I will not be wearing again AFTER Frocktober, I’ll be selling on Ebay, with proceeds going to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. If they don’t sell, they’ll be re-donated. Nothing will go to waste!
  • I will document, each day, what I have worn, with photos and post them on blogger, tumblr and facebook so people can keep an eye on what I’m up to.
  • Not be wearing dresses at night. (Due to a few social/costume events where it’s probably not wise to.) But will remain ‘frocked up’ until at least 6pm.
  • Have fun! Raise money! And do my best to raise awareness about Ovarian Cancer amongst my friends, family and all those people I’m vaguely connected to on facebook and other social media websites ; )

That’s it so far! It’ll probably change! I’m always up for a challenge….

Now all I need to do is figure out which dress I’ll be wearing first!

1 comment:

  1. what a great cause! and a great idea!
    hope this weather turns nice and sunny again for you! but until then i hope you have lots of tights/leggings :D

    ReplyDelete