Sunday, July 18, 2010

Phone Peeve #2

People who breathe into the receiver when they're on the phone make me feel like I'm being stalked.

Period.

"Hi.." *pantpantpant* "I was just wondering..." *pant*

This is perfectly excusable if someone is sick. Or, for instance, an asthmatic. This, I can perfectly understand. But for some it's almost as if they're standing outside on a windy day (something else that really irks me, but we'll leave that for next time). Not only does it make it ten times more difficult to understand exactly what it is they're trying to communicate and for that matter HOW. It's almost like they're using some strange new and obscene form of morse code...

*pantpant* *inhale* *mouthful of drink* *swish of salivia* *sniffle sniffle* *pant* *sniffle*

Roughly translates to: "I spoke with ______ who told me I should _______ to find out about _____, so can you help me?"

People who start the conversation with once of those lovely winter season, mucus infested snorts and/or flem coated throat clearances, really get me going. I mean, I manage to get all that out of the way BEFORE I speak to someone or I atleast move away from the phone. I'm also mastering the art of the 'Mute' button for all those sickly winter days. Some people however have not mastered this art or for that matter the art of subtlty. -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment