Saturday, August 28, 2010

Last week I put in a massive order to a lingerie wholesaler that a good friend had told me about. Like me she has a penchant for corsets and other pretty lacy things used to tease, tantalize and run around the house in when I'm feeling down.

Lingerie and shoes are without a doubt two of my most unhealthy obsessions (besides owls - by the way, I have new owls in my life. I've lost count of how many. More on that later). One of the things I love most about lingerie is that even when you're feeling like absolute crap, for me this tends to happen a lot in winter (when I'm not able to show my legs off nearly as much as I'd like), you can slip on something pretty under your clothes and know that you look a million dollars.

It's hard to look a million dollars here in winter, because WHILST my winter wardrobe is all sorts of wonderful, I'm torn between looking good and keeping warm. I find it a little harder than most people I know to stay warm in winter. Possibly because I'm a glorified stick figure. And fashion tends to fly straight out the window when I'm freezing and wearing the warmest coat I own. Black. Wool. A wee bit oversized and essentially shapeless. It is a purely functional piece of clothing that has the effect of making me look like the Michellen man. Way Hot.

I'm a bit obsessed with the 20's as well. And the 50's for that matter. In fact anywhere between the 20's and the 50's is fine. Everything back had a hint of glamour that I think we kind of miss out on today. It's not something that's common place, but rather something we now seem to have to strive towards. I want to put a little piece of that in my life each day because I enjoy it. It makes me feel strong, powerful, feminine. I can see the die hard femi-nazis out there sharpening their knives, so let me clarify. I don't feel I NEED these things to feel this way. But I LIKE to. And I believe there's a certain amount of power that comes from the female form. But that's just me.

ANYWAY: I put in this order last weekend and it arrived yesterday. I am VERY pleased with the results. I picked up some really nice pieces, that normally I would have spent a great deal more on retail. I had to put in a bulk order, so I got ALOT for the amount of money I spent. Myself and some of the girls are thinking of doing a group order next time, even though I'm fairly certain I wouldn't find it difficult to spend the same amount AGAIN.

Hoping to do some op shopping next weekend. Have to try and take some photos of my previous purchases! Much to show!

No comments:

Post a Comment